Friday, November 27, 2015

IDRIS ELBA REVEALS HE ALMOST DIED IN GHANA


British actor, Idris Elba admits he was narrowly saved from falling to his death as he filmed his latest movie on location in Ghana. The actor said he slipped six feet down a waterfall while preparing for a scene in the African war drama ‘Beasts Of No Nation.’

Speaking on Saturday’s episode of ‘The Jonathan Ross Show’, the actor cum musician opened up on his short brush to death. He explained: ‘We decided to do this waterfall scene where all these child soldiers were walking behind this massive waterfall.

In Hollywood you would have just filmed a bit of water coming down and just shot people’s closeups but Cary Fukunaga, the director, decided to shoot it for real.
He said:

The stunt co-ordinator says, Listen everyone this is a waterfall, that’s a 90, 100 foot drop down there and the ground is very slippery, just be careful! I put my foot on this rock just to hang out and chill out while they were setting up and as I’m doing that it’s slippery, obviously. I slip [and think] I’ll be alright, I put my hand on this tree. it’s not a tree it’s a branch! It snaps and I go literally about six feet before I go bang over and I got caught by the security guy!
After the presenter declared he could have fallen to his death, Idris joked:

Yes! [It could’ve been] Today’s news, Idris Elba dies by a waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment