Sunday, January 17, 2016

I ALMOST JOINED MANCHESTER UNITED - JORGEN KLOPP


Jurgen Klopp has revealed he was once approached to become Manchester United’s new manager likely when it became clear Sir Alex Ferguson was leaving the club.

The 48 year old left Dortmund at the end of last season and joined Liverpool in September after Jurgen Rodgers was sacked.

Speaking at a pre-match press conference, the German said Manchester United approached him in April though he did not give which year.

He also says he didn’t want to leave because he was loyal and preparing for the new season.

He said:
We spoke. We spoke not a lot but, for me, it was a lot. It was a big honor, the whole talk, to be honest. “There was a time [when United were interested] but I could not leave Dortmund. That is it. You are in April and you are in the middle of the planning for next season.
You have this player and this player and this player who is coming in but then you are not there any more? That doesn’t work. Not in my life anyway.
I did not hear about a real offer but, if there was, I could not have done it. I first had to finish the job with Dortmund and then think about other things.
Maybe that is not the smart way but that is my way. Of course I was loyal to Dortmund. It was the same at Mainz.

No comments:

Post a Comment